FREE Seasonal Flu Shot Campaign on October 7th and 8th
information from Student Health Services website
Seasonal Flu Shots Now Available
Seasonal flu shots are now available at SHS. Currently enrolled students that wish to get their seasonal flu shot can do so by calling (979) 458-8250 and scheduling an appointment. The cost at SHS will be $18.00.
SHS Flu Shot Campaign - October 7th & 8th, 2009
The 7th Annual Seasonal Flu Shot Campaign has been scheduled for October 7th & 8th (Wednesday & Thursday) at multiple locations across campus. Student Health Services is funding the first 5200 flu shots for currently enrolled students.
The first 5200 currently enrolled students are eligible for a free flu shot courtesy of Student Health Services. Once the 5200 shots have been given, flu shots will cost $23. Flu shots will be offered to faculty and staff for $23.
Meningitis shots will be offered to students, faculty, and staff for $135. Payment can be made by CASH, CHECK, VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER and AMERICAN EXPRESS.
Locations for the Flu Shot Campaign include:
- Zachary Building: 9am - 5pm
- Rec Center Lobby: 11am - 7pm
- Wehner Lobby: 9am - 5pm
- Commons Lobby: 9am - 5pm
Students that are under age 18 that wish to receive a flu or meningitis shot at the Flu Shot Campaign will need to complete a consent form and have it signed by their legal guardian.
To prevent the spread of flu
* Stay home if you are sick - (self isolate) do not go to class or work until you have been without fever for 24 hours without using fever reducing medications (acetaminophen, ibuprofen).
* Cover your cough; throw away used tissues.
* Wash your hands frequently or use alcohol based hand sanitizers.
* Wipe down frequently used areas (doorknobs, community phones, counter tops) with disinfecting wipes.
Explanatory Statement for Absence from Class for Influenza-like Illness
Texas A&M has established a special form students can use for self-reported absence from class. If you miss classes related to influenza, please use the Explanatory Statement for Absence from Class for Influenza-like Illness. Submission of the form does not guarantee an excused absence. For more information, see Student Rule 7.